5/23/08

Children Of The Grave misc forum reviews

I was frightened, especially with the shadow people. If you haven't seen it, you must!

Tabby

This docu-drama is a MUST SEE! The Booth Brothers did a fantastic job shooting this film and assembling an amazing cast of ghost enthusiasts.

Madman

I can't wait to watch the special again. I really like spooked and real ghosts. You all did a great job. It would be great if
you have a regular show on SciFi channel.

Donna

Children Of The Grave was on the Sci-fi channel last night and had some interesting and creepy material last night.
In the early twentieth century children were kept in orphanages that were often called asylums and were even called inmates. They were the unwanted children of society. The children were often known by a number and not allowed to have their own name. As if things were bad enough, hundreds of children were killed through contaminated or possibly purposefully poisoned milk with chemicals such as formaldehyde. And that wasn't sad enough. Hundreds of children were buried in mass graves and never identified. And now their restless souls are condemned to wander the grounds for eternity because they hadn't been saved. What was creepy about it was the EVP, or electronic voice phenomena that they had captured. EVP is essentially a piece of noise that is inaudible to the human hearing range that is caught on tape. The second most prominent story was a place called Zombie Road that was along the Merrimac river. Along the road dozens of people had died due to accidents. others died to Satanic activity in the area. The woods and road around that area are known for being haunted by shadow people, and the showed one particular photo of roughly ten or so shadow children being shown in the trees. This phenomena was captured on film as well. It's kind of sad to think that these souls will never be saved and be forced to wander for all eternity. For those who've never heard of shadow people, what they are is paranormal manifestations of demons in the form of a black mass or a shadow.

Starwynd

The clips on the children in the orphanages were so sad. True or not, regarding the "paranormal"...my heart broke to think how unloved, unwanted and unimportant they must have felt. How scared...especially the ones that "Jeff" was supposed to have "hurt" in that upstairs room. Wow and then the mother's who gave their children milk thinking they were providing for them but really unknowingly poisioning them! The mass grave clip was heart breaking too!

I think the Zombie Road clip was kinda off though. I mean they said there were modern day Satanic acts there..so DUH what did they think they would find there.

Cathy

I have to admit that this was one of the best shows on the subject of the paranormal...It was the first time I've been creeped out and sad over a show ment to be creepy.

Parris

i watched this episode. and cried. to think about what happened to all of these children. from abuse to neglect to molestation and rape. hearing about one little girl who's hand was forced to touch a hot stove burner. and watching this episode reminded me of my father. he did not live in an orphanage, but worse...a native american boarding school. he still to this day wont tell me much about what happened there. but to see him get emotional and....well...you get the idea. and its not just orphanages and boarding schools. america is filt with unmarked graves of children. probably thousands no one even knows about and forgotten.

ravez

those testimonials are just chilling.. How awful is that..In a Catholic church school no less. Just horrendous abuse of innocent children. Very very sad.. I am just sick.

tee

Children of the Grave
May 8, 2008

Since last night there was no new episode of Ghost Hunters I thought I would check out what was on instead well I stayed and watched Children of the Grave.

It is a two hour documentary that explores the terrifying phenomena of hauntings by dead children and demon infested orphanages.

The history was so sad to see how so many children were abused and neglected and murdered. There were times as I sat and watched this that I just cried as they went through the history of these places.

These poor children were buried in unmarked graves just numbers the children no one wanted. Some children were even in mass graves as a cover up since many were feed milk with formaldehyde.

Some of the EVP's they collected freaked me out while others were sad to listen to ... these poor lost children who in life were treated like shit my heart is heavy with sadness these children never deserved the pain they received hell no child does.

The documentary is by the Booth Brothers (Spooked: The Ghosts of Waverly Hills Sanatorium, as seen on the Sci-Fi Channel) there is a myspace page also:
http://www.myspace.com/childrenofthedamnedmovie

http://www.my-journal.com

Wednesday night, my daughter and I were watching Ghost Hunters and after that, we saw they were going to show a feature called, Children Of The Grave. They featured Crown Hill Cemetary here in Indianapolis and the abandoned Childrens Orphanage. The Orphanage was built back in 1870 and closed down in 1922. It was first named The Indianapolis Asylum For Friendless Colored Children. But later was renamed The Indianapolis Orphanage For Children. The documentary was run by a team of paranormal investigators lead by the well renown paranormal investigator and demonologist, John Zaffis. The Indianapolis Historical Society asked if they would like to come to Indianapolis and investigate Crown Hill Cemetary and the Abandoned Orphanage. They did a piece on Crown Hill and later did a full feature of the orphanage.

The investigators went inside the orphanage and collected quite a few pictures and EVP's. For those of you who aren't familiar with the term EVP, it stands for Electronic Voice Phenomenon.
They captured some of the strangest EVP's and pictures anyone has ever seen. In knowing about this place, I would love to go and investigate those 2 areas. We've been to Crown Hill and have captured some noises but that was about it. If we do go to the orphanage, we will need to be prepared for just about anything. Children Of The Grave is worth watching and I recommend watching it when they show it again.

by Dragonlord

Well I watched this last night and the pictures of the shadow children in the forest freaked me out.  Also all the stuff that they caught on Zombie Road.  Wow!  Spirits of children always get to me anyway.  It is so sad.  What did you guys think?
 
Kathy

i saw the show last night, thought it was amazing.  i don't live to far from Zombie Road.  Out here that is not the best place to be, even if you are hunting for ghosts.  my mom whos a nurse has a friend she works with, and her child was killed on the train tracks, and she also knows other people who have lost children and family out there.  i past it maybe two times, but hearing how haunted and how dangerous it is with the santanic rituals they do out there killing humans for sacrafice, as well as animals scares me.  st louis is pretty haunted city within its self.  i got several stories i can say.  but when i have past zombie road i have gotten feelings i been being watched, and followed when there was no other car next to us or behind us or in front of us.. it felt of an extremly eerie cold feeling, that don't come in here or else.... those feelings you pick up are not fun!

Tyler

I also watch it and I thought it was so sad.  All of them children.  Today its not as bad as it was back then when they were in oraphanises(spelling) but there are bad foster parents today also.  I have two adopted girls and the stories the oldest tells me, Its sad because we still have a awful lot of children that need homes today. I think its so sad that for some reason they havent seen the light, my belief is, children are so innocent so why do they suffer so. 

Pat

I saw Children of the Grave right after Ghost Hunters on the Sci-Fi channel.It was really good,I liked the part about the shadows in the woods showing up on photos.

Sherry

Well, I finally watched this Booth Brothers documentary. It was something to see. I don't know if I believe all of it, but can't seem to make myself disbelieve it either. Child abuse in the early 1900's seemed far worse than today. Now people are aware and children are for the most part protected. The stories of abuse and neglect was bone chilling. I don't know if this has been posted already. If so, I'm sorry to post it agian. I would like to hear what you all think of this movie, and the Booth brothers. The investigators seemed to be on the level.

EQ